Liquor, Hospitality and Tourism
Our Ballarat Liquor, Hospitality and Tourism lawyers provide advice on all transactions involving liquor licensing, buying and selling of businesses and various other tourism and hospitality legal issues in the Ballarat region
BALLARAT LIQUOR, HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
The Ballarat region has a rich and diverse offering of restaurants and licenced premises, cafes and wineries. They form a part of the lifestyle that Ballarat people treasure, but each of these business streams come with their own requirements under the liquor control Reform Act (1998) and Food Act.
Compliance requirements imposed by local Councils, the Victorian Commission for Liquor and Gambling Regulations and Victoria Police are continually increasing, and licensees and business owners must ensure that their premises and businesses are compliant.
Harwood Andrews acts on behalf of numerous licensees and advises on all transactions involving liquor licences, including:
- Buying and selling of businesses with liquor licences including due diligence and negotiation of contract terms
- Sales and purchases of land that is subject to a liquor licence
- Advice to landlords and tenants on the leasing of licenced premises
- Compliance advice for licenced premises, including types of licences required for the operation of a business, redline plans, licencing advice to sporting clubs, responsible service of alcohol (RSA) compliance, maximum patron numbers and declarations of associates
- Advice on new licence applications, licence variations and transfer applications with the VCGLR
- Acting on behalf of councils and licensees on liquor related planning matters
- Preparation of management agreements for the management of licenced premises.
Harwood Andrews also acts on behalf of many hotel, motel and caravan park owners and operators, and is able to provide advice on the sale and purchase of hotels and motels, and the sale or lease of caravan parks, including leases of Crown Land.
BALLARAT LIQUOR, HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM CONTACTS
BALLARAT BUSINESS SERVICES
LIQUOR, HOSPITALITY & TOURISM