Greg Tobin, Local Government and Planning Lawyer, Ballarat
Greg Tobin is a Principal at Harwood Andrews, and practice group leader in the area of Planning, Environment and Local Government.
Greg acts for local government, developers and private clients advising on a broad range of commercial, residential and infrastructure projects.
Greg’s focus is on the provision of practical and commercial advice concerning the statutory and strategic planning processes. He regularly appears on behalf of his clients before the Planning and Environment List of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Ministerially Appointed Planning Panels and Advisory Committees. Greg also coordinates hearing representation in large scale planning litigation.
Greg provides advice and representation across the growth areas, metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Greg holds experience in contaminated land and landfill issues. He regularly represents clients in respect of notices under the Environment Protection Act 1970 in respect of compliance and negotiations with the EPA.
Greg is experienced in the drafting of development related agreements and has prepared a range of agreements securing development contributions in metropolitan and regional growth areas.
Greg’s specialties include:
- Statutory and Strategic Planning
- Development contributions
- Planning enforcement
- Land acquisition and compensation
- Owners corporation matters
- Local government law
Greg’s professional commitments include:
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria Planning and Local Government Committee
- Member of the Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association (VPELA)
- Member of the Geelong Law Association
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia - Geelong Branch
Download a PDF version of Greg Tobin's Professional Profile